There is nothing that a nice rotation can’t fix. I love the way my back feels in the middle of a back twist. I just can’t explain it, so why don’t you do it with me. Here is to the yoga pose Half Lord of the Fishes.
Half Lord of the Fishes
- Sit on your mat, with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend your left knee and bring the bottom of your foot onto the mat, outside of your right thigh.
- Bend the right knee and tuck your foot in near your left glute.
- Inhale and bring your right arm straight up beside your right ear.
- Exhale and twist your torso to the left and bring your right elbow to the outside of your left knee and the left palm to the floor just behind your sitz bones.
- Take your gaze over your left shoulder, DON’T strain your neck, twist from the torso not the neck.
- As you inhale, feel yourself get taller, and as you exhale deepen the twist a little more.
- Continue to keep your left foot firmly planted on the floor.
- When you release take a slight twist in the opposite direction as a counter pose.
- Release the legs – straight out in front of you and then try it on the other side.
Did you like this pose? If yes, why? If not why?