Time for some new poses to help strengthen a different part of your body. For the next few weeks we are going to be focusing on different poses to help strengthen your knee.
In the past my knees would ache because I wasn’t doing exercises that helped strengthen them, so here is one pose that may help- Triangle pose.
- Come to the top of your mat
- Take a really wide step back with your right foot
- Right foot the outer edge is parallel to the short edge of your mat (coming from W2)
- Straighten the left leg (front leg) pressing into you foot and lift the kneecap
- While keeping the leg straight hinge your upper body forward, extending the upper body until you can go no more and place the left hand by your ankle
- And draw your right arm straight overhead at noon (12 o’clock)
- Gaze up to the ceiling
- And when your ready go to the other side… remember we got be even on both sides!
How did your knees feel in this pose?