As I’ve grown up I really love the idea of preparing my food and just tossing it into the oven and moving on with my life. I always make enough that it lasts me for 4-5 days. I like to make sure I am efficient in my time. One of my favorite meals is roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots. It’s one of my absolute go to’s when I want something simple, yet tasty.
Cook time: 40-50 mins
3-4 Chicken quarters (or thighs)
3-5 russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
5-6 carrots (peeled and cubed)
1-2 Tbsp dried rosemary
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 tbsp oil
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, then chop them.
- Put the potatoes and carrots into a bowl and pour half of the oil over them. Then season them with 1 tsp (each) of garlic powder, onion, rosemary, and salt/pepper.
- Pour the contents from the bowl into either a dutch oven or 9×13 inch pyrex pan. You may need two dishes (a dutch oven and a 9×13 pyrex pan)
- Chicken- pour oil onto the chicken and coat it lightly.
- Sprinkle and massage in the remaining garlic powder, onion, rosemary, and salt/pepper.
- Place chicken on top of the veggies. Put the dutch oven lid on top or aluminum foil on the pyrex and place in the oven.
- Cook covered for 20-30 mins and then uncover for the remaining 20 mins.
- Before taking the pots out, check inner temperature of the thermometer for 165 degrees.
- Once it’s done, place on top of the stove.
One thought on “Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots”