There are a lot of classic meals that most American families grew up eating. One of them is meat loaf. But sometimes they are classics for a reason, I am all about convenience and taste. I wanted something simple and that could last for a majority of the week so I went with meatloaf, but my recipe includes some things that usually aren’t involved in an original recipe.
2lbs of ground beef
1 cup onions, diced
1 cups carrots, shredded
1 green pepper, diced
1 cup bread crumbs, Italian seasoned
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the beef in a large bowl and mix in the pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix in the onions, green peppers, carrots.
- Mix in the eggs, and milk.
- Now add the bread crumbs until well incorporated.
- Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take the meat mixture and place it into a 9×13 pyrex plate.
- Mould the meat into a slab and pour some barbecue sauce on top.
- Place the meat into the oven.
- Cook for 50-55 mins. Check with an oven thermometer to see if its completely done.
- Halfway through add more barbecue sauce on top.
- When done allow it to cool on countertop.
- Grab your portion and enjoy!