Sometimes our upper back needs to be released and one way to do that is by performing a yoga pose known as eagle arms. You can do this by either sitting or standing, it’s your preference.
- Sit on your mat with your knees bent and out to the sides.
- Bring left foot in towards your pelvis and take your right foot slightly in front of your left foot so that they’re not touching.
- Inhale and lengthen through your spine sitting nice and tall
- Hands in prayer position or loosely on your knees
- Relax the forehead and the space between the eyebrows
- Tilt the chin so it’s parallel to the floor
- Relax the shoulders away from the ears
- Keep your back and torso long.
- Tilt the pelvis slightly forward
- Bring your right hand out in front of you and bend at the elbow, your palm facing your face/head.
- Take your left arm and bring the crook of it right under the right elbow, wrapping your left arm around the right. If you can press your palms together, and gently lift your elbows to shoulder height or draw it towards your chin.