Fall is here y’all! That means sweater dresses, boots, and PUMPKIN SPICE! When the weather gets chilly I always want a nice hot breakfast. I love oatmeal, but let’s be honest. After a while it can get a little boring. So I’m doing something that combines both oats and pumpkin… a pumpkin oatmeal bake. This makes a 9×13 inch pan worth of it, so make it on Sunday to help you get a head start for meal prep.
Makes 1- 9×13 inch pan (12 servings)
1 can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup of honey
1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 cups milk, Skim (nonfat) Or whatever you have
1 cup cottage cheese
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Drizzle of maple syrup or honey right before serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 in pan.
- Put pan into the oven. Set timer for 50 mins.
- When timer goes off check on the mixture. It should be nice and dry, not gooey.
- Place in an area to cool off.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey to sweeten it to taste.
My sister and I used this as our breakfast for the past week. And it was a life saver. After we came home from the gym we quickly got ready and then enjoyed our pre-made breakfast. This was delicious, but also a time saver.
Let me know what your thoughts were when you tried it.