Having a quick and already made breakfast can be the start to a great day. This is one of my go to recipes to make in advance to start my day and week off right. But it also helps you cook any veggies that you need to use up. So feel free to add other veggies then just the ones I added if you have others laying around.
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup Goat kefir
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 cups of spinach, chopped or torn up
- 10-12 asparagus spears
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the asparagus and tomatoes.
- Dry them, and then cut the asparagus into thirds and the tomatoes in half.
- Place them on a sheet tray and drizzle olive oil on top of them, stir and then sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt on them.
- Place in the oven and allow them to cook for about 20-30 mins. Check with a fork to see if it goes in the asparagus without any tension.
- While the asparagus and tomatoes are in the oven, chop up the white onion, green onions, and tear up the spinach.
- Place them to the side.
- Crack all 12 eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in the goat kefir.
- Stir them until well combined.
- Add garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Put in onions and spinach.
- Add the cooled tomatoes and asparagus into the egg mixture along with the cheese.
- Pour entire mixture into a 9×13 inch pyrex and cook at 400 degrees for 30-40 mins.*
- When done set on a counter top and allow it to cool.
- Serve when ready.
* Check the frittata at 25 mins, if still jiggly in the middle, keep cooking 🙂
2 thoughts on “Spring/Summer Frittata”
Looks and sounds great!