Day 6 is one of my favorite poses. I remember the first time I did a dolphin plank was when I doing a Jillian Michaels workout dvd. I hated them in the moment, but my back did get stronger as well as my core.
So let’s get to it.
1. Come onto your mat
2. This time you are on your forearms, they are under shoulders and knees under hips
3. Extend your feet out behind you and come onto the balls of your feet
4. Activate your glutes and feel your abdominals brace (prevent lower back from dipping – draw belly button into spine)
5. Keep your neck/spine neutral
6. Lift up hips and get into an inverted V form (upside down V)
7. And alternate between forearm plank and then dolphin plank.
How’d you feel? Do you think this will be a new favorite move for you?