Day 27 – Final day of our hip opening challenge before the hip opening flow.
If you liked sitting and being able to stretch, well then you are going to love our final pose- Head to knee pose also known as Janu Sirsasana.
I love this pose after a good cycling class or running. I think you will too. The main focus is to stretch out your hamstring. If you have tight hamstrings, this will help.
1. Sit on your mat with your feet out in front of you (Staff pose).
2. Bend the right leg and draw it down to the mat with the right foot (sole of it) placed in your left inner thigh).
3. Reach over to the left foot stretching out your left hamstring. Try to keep your back straight, don’t round it, otherwise it’ll stretch the back, not the hamstring.
4. If you can’t reach your foot, that’s okay place your hand on your shin. OR use a yoga strap, but placing it around the arch of your left foot and grip the strap with your hands.
5. Hold and focus on your breath.
6. When ready switch to the other side.
#funjoypeace #headtokneepose #hipopener #cincinnatiyoga #keepstretching #yogastrap