Hip Opening Challenge Day 8!
As we continue on your hips should be feeling a lot better than when you started. Yay for progress!
Today our pose is a low lunge. Low lunges are amazing! They really get into those hip flexors that can get tight from sitting all day. This is another favorite of mine. And I hope it becomes a favorite of yours as well.
Have you done a low lunge before? If not follow these instructions:
1. Come to the top of your mat
2. Step your right foot back, and come onto the ball of your right foot
3. Left leg- bend knee so it is stacked on top of the ankle and there is a 90 degree angle
4. Gently bring the right knee onto your mat and hinge slightly forward
5. Hold arms up overhead with palms facing one another; on either side of your head
6. Relax the shoulders away from the ears
How do you feel now that your hip flexors are stretched? Let me know below:
#funjoypeace #hipopeningchallenge #yoga #Lowlunge #hipopeners #cincinnatiyoga