It’s Hip Openers Day 5!
My hips are starting to feel a little loose. How are yours doing during this challenge?
My hips have been super tight for the longest time. I regret not taking the time to stretch after my intense leg or cardio sessions (unfortunately this was for years). But there is no need to dwell in the past, we can all push forward with new determination to learn how to better increase our flexibility. That’s why I am hosting 27 days of hip opening poses to help you increase your hip openness.
Today we have another new pose known at fire log or Agnistambhasana. With this pose you would have to do it on each side to make sure that both hips are nice and open.
So full disclosure – you may not be perfect in this pose and that’s okay. If your hips are super tight, you may have your knee in the air or your placement of your ankle/foot may be off. That’s okay. WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE!! Just breath into you hip, send your breath there. As you continue to breath and relax that area, you’ll notice your hip will start to relax drawing your leg down to the floor.
So how do you try fire log pose? Read below:
1. Sit comfortably on the with your legs extended out in front of you.
2. Bend your right leg and bring it toward body with side of knee and side of your calf on the floor/mat.
3. Bend your left leg and slide it on top of your right leg trying to get your left ankle on top of the right.
4. If your hips are super tight, its okay try to get your with your left foot in the crook of your right leg (the corner where your calf and thigh meet, at the knee), do what you can without any intense pain. You may be uncomfortable, but there shouldn’t be any intense pain.
5. Sit here and focus on your natural breath.
6. Sit up nice and tall, keeping the natural curve of your spine.
7. Sit here for a few breaths ~10. And then try this on the other side.
Let me know how you feel after trying this pose in the comments below.
#funjoypeace #hipopenerpose #firelogpose🔥 #agnistambhasana #februarychallenge #learnsomethingnew #increaseflexibility