It’s Day 2 of our Hip opening challenge!
Come join Fun Joy Peace in learning different hip openers each day leading up to a hip opening yoga flow on the 28th!! It’s going to be fun! If you are like me, you probably sit a lot at work. Hips can get stiff!!!
One pose that I like to sit in instead of in a chair is Easy pose. Easy pose is also known as sukhasana.
Check out the picture, that’s me in it… if you’ve never gotten into it before read below:
1. Sit on your mat or floor with your legs out in front of you.
2. Bend your knees.
3. Bring your left bent leg down onto the floor so the entire outside part of your leg is against the mat/floor
4. Do the same on the other side, crossing your legs together at the ankles.
5. Sit up nice and tall. With every breath feel yourself grow taller.
6. Hands can be in your lap or on your knees with palms facing the sky.
7. And if none of that made sense just sit on the floor and cross your bent legs in front of you, legs crossing at the ankles kinda like how we used to sit as kids.
Do you already sit like this? If so when do you sit in easy pose?
In meditation or when watching a movie?
Comment below I’d love to hear from you!