Who doesn’t love a good veggie soup? The lush gravy like tomato veggie broth with a mixture of potatoes, zucchini, celery, and carrots is delicious (my mouth is watering just thinking about it now). During the colder months I have a favorite veggie soup, minestrone soup. I prefer minestrone because I like to add pasta to it, it makes it seem more robust and filling on a cold winter day.
Over the weekend, I made minestrone soup in the Instant Pot (who doesn’t like fast and easy). This recipe is super easy and extremely tasty. I hope you enjoy!
1 TB olive oil
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves minced
32 oz (1 large can) crushed tomato
4 cups vegetable broth/stock
3 TB tomato paste
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 can (15 oz) of garbanzo beans, drained (or any favorite bean you like)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
½ a box of pasta (I like Barilla’s Chickpea Rotini, has more protein than regular pasta)
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
Celery – 2-3 ribs
Carrots – 2 to 3
Potato – 2 big potatoes, I used Russet (use whatever you have on hand)
Zucchini – 1
For the vegetables, I usually eyeball it. I want all the veggies to be equally represented, so you can adapt and add more of a specific veggie or not (it depends on your preference).
- Plug your Instant Pot in and select the Sauté button and set for 10 mins.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot
- Once the Instant Pot is hot, add Italian seasoning, garlic, and onions. Let the onions soften a little (4 mins)
- Add the celery, carrots, potatoes, and zucchini. Stir
- Add crushed tomatoes, beans, and vegetable broth. Stir
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Add the pasta and stir
- Cancel Sauté and put the lid on the Instant Pot. Select Pressure Cook and set time for 4 mins and leave alone.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, you can do a quick release (watch out for the steam).
- Go ahead and plate it up and eat!
This dish will go great with a baguette or any kind of bread you like; you could even serve it with a side of Triscuits (my favorite). This recipe is also good if you or on a Daniel Fast because it is vegetarian.