There is nothing like a hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning. However, during the winter months and especially for Christmas a peppermint mocha hits the spot! Unfortunately, sometimes when I go to a coffee shop my mocha can have too much peppermint resembling the nice minty flavor of toothpaste. Having had enough I made my own…and its pretty darn good. Its simple yet delicious! Enjoy!
- 8-10 oz hot coffee
- 1 packet Sugar free hot chocolate packet
- 1 Tbsp crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppermint candy for garnishing
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Make hot coffee.
- Put peppermint candies in a zip loc bag and hit it with a rolling pin until peppermint is crushed.
- Pour hot chocolate packet into your mug.
- Pour hot coffee on top of the chocolate mix and stir until completely dissolved.
- Take crushed peppermint and place in mug, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Spray whipped cream on top and garnish with remaining peppermint.
- If cookies present, swipe them and enjoy with your new favorite hot drink!